I found a couple pancake recipes that sounded good in a gluten free recipe book, one was carrot cake pancakes & one was sweet potato pancakes. So I decided to kind of take ideas from both and use pumpkin and they were so good! You can make this totally sugar & gluten free if you want. The recipes I went off of call for home made pancakes but I just used a pre-made gluten free pancake mix. Here's what I did:
1C Hodgson Mill GF Pancake/Waffle Mix
Milk (however much your pancake mix calls for)
1 egg (I used 1/4C egg substitute)
1/2 can pure pumkin
little bit of applesauce
little bit of vanilla
dash of nutmeg & cinnamon (I know, real exact right?)
little bit of stevia sweetener
Topping:
1/2 package of cream cheese softened
1 or 2 TB maple syrup (or agave nectar, honey, etc.)
I just mixed all the ingredients for the pancakes & cooked, then mix the cream cheese with the syrup. Put cream cheese mix over 1st pancake, add another pancake, add more of the cream cheese mix then drizzle a little syrup over. So delicious!! The pancakes aren't very sweet but they are so moist & the topping is really rich, so they paired well together. I could not even finish two of them! P even thought they were pretty good and helped me eat a few bites. The mix I used doesn't have any sugar added so the only sugar in it is from the syrup, which I think it would still taste great & plenty sweet if you cut back on the syrup. Also, you get extra Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, & Fiber!
No comments:
Post a Comment