Sunday, September 18, 2011

In Our Kitchen: Chicken Enchilada Dip

I begged this recipe off a friend after trying it at a party...I thought dip with chicken in it sounded weird but it's so good!   My husband has been asking for it so I finally made it this weekend!

Original Recipe:
1 lb. chicken breast shredded
8 oz. cream cheese softened
8 oz. mayo
8 oz. shredded cheddar
4 oz. can chopped green chili peppers
Tortilla chips

Bake chicken breast @ 400 for 30 min.  Shred finely or chop. Combine all & mix well. Crock pot or bake 30 min. @ 350

I cook the chicken in the crock pot all day with a can of broth--makes the chicken shred very easily. Also I use about only 1/2 the can of peppers at most, but I don't like spicy food.  I have also never used the baking method to "cook" the recipe- I always just throw it all in the crock pot & let it melt that way.  So good on a pre-fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment