I will really miss being able to cook dinner in peace while he plays with P. I miss him too of course, but it’s funny how things have changed since we first started dating when I used to miss him so much & hate being alone on the nights he was gone, and now I am just happy to get the tv to myself for a few minutes after P goes to bed!
But, I gotta admit I really can not get that into football. Not only do I not understand it, I also don’t get to know the kids as well as I do during basketball season-they’re so far away with their helmets on & I don’t see them after games when they come out of the locker room. Basketball season is so fun because it’s funny to watch the boys go from barely making eye contact with me at the beginning of the season to cracking jokes to me at the end of the season about how they hope J doesn’t yell at me as much as he yells at them. I also get to sit right behind the team & can actually see their little faces up close!
Plus, the fball games are sooo long and it’s usually freezing, so by halftime I am always itching for it to be over! Maybe if J’s school had a dance team to perform a halftime show I would stay more interested…I won’t even get started on my quest to start one, that’s a whole other topic!
My favorite thing is dressing P up for the different sporting events. I may not watch the game, but we can at least show our team spirit!
I don’t go to nearly as many games now as I did before we had P but we did make it to the scrimmage and will go to the few home games if it’s not too cold, but we will probably go early and leave by halftime to get home for a decent bedtime for baby! Oh, how life has changed.
I think the best part about having a coach for a husband is the sense of community, especially since we don’t live in district. It really forces me to get involved, get to know the families and faculty, which I really like since I’m not always very outgoing on my own. I think motherhood makes me a lot more social too. It’s kind of like when you’re pregnant, I noticed everyone wanted to talk to me and even touch me when I was pregnant, complete strangers and people who never looked twice at me before. One girl I didn’t know rubbed my belly for what had to be about 30 seconds…which go by really slowly given the situation…awkward! Having a child gives you something in common with so many others and for me, gives me more of a reason to reach out to other moms. It’s an instant conversation starter. Everyone knows every mom’s favorite topic is usually her child(ren)! And topics that revolve around said child. It may be annoying, but it’s true.
Well, J just called & gave me the final results, sounds a lot like last week’s, another bad loss


Love your blog! Your LO is adorable, and so is her little cheering outfit
ReplyDeleteI absolutely agree with motherhood being a path that leads into the community. Like you said, there is always a common ‘subject’ to talk about (the kids!), and it’s a lot easier to connect with people that you might have not interacted with before.
Can’t wait to read more about your exciting life as the “coach’s wife”