A while back, I came across a full-time position working in pediatrics, basically my dream job & something I have never seen open before! I decided to apply as part-time and they allowed me to do so, it was a really in-depth long application process. They take the top 3 scores to interview.
Well, yesterday I got an email saying I scored a 100 (out of 100) on my Civil Servant Exam and will be referred for an interview if a part-time position becomes available. I am so excited to even be considered and that I made it through all the hurdles, but also kind of gives me a little regret that I could possibly be passing up an opportunity.
I know it is the right thing for me to not be working full-time right now, especially not somewhere where I'd have to leave by 7 and not be home until 6 with the commute, but that doesn't necessarily make it easy! If this would have been several years ago I would have interviewed for the full-time job in a heartbeat. Timing sure is everything, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment