http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/moms-coffee-break/article.aspx?cp-documentid=27892385&_p=f3a303ab-a480-4f3e-aa9d-f98de0cedba1
10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom
Mom bloggers sound off on the worst things to say to a stay-at-home mama. PLUS: What working moms hate to hear...
1. When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?
2. How June Cleaver of you!
3. Oh, so you don't work? Sometimes I find it hard to explain to some people that I am not working by choice.
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow? HAHA!! P's nap time is usually spent picking up the mess we made and cleaning up after our lunch. Then after that I can get to getting dinner ready, the rest of the chores & all that "extra" time I have
5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine. Some days, neither can I!
6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
7. What do you do all day, anyway? Oh you know, my 19 mo old is old enough to care for herself. I just sit around watching Springer & eating bon bons ;)
8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree. Sometimes I do feel this way but I have to remind myself my career will still be there in a few years!
9. That explains why your son is so clingy!
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean. That's what I thought! Ha! Now I realize when you're home playing and making meals during the day, you have double the cleaning to do & it's almost always undone in a matter of minutes once the beast awakens again ;)
- Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com, with help from her Twitter followers and friends
2. How June Cleaver of you!
3. Oh, so you don't work? Sometimes I find it hard to explain to some people that I am not working by choice.
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow? HAHA!! P's nap time is usually spent picking up the mess we made and cleaning up after our lunch. Then after that I can get to getting dinner ready, the rest of the chores & all that "extra" time I have
5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine. Some days, neither can I!
6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
7. What do you do all day, anyway? Oh you know, my 19 mo old is old enough to care for herself. I just sit around watching Springer & eating bon bons ;)
8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree. Sometimes I do feel this way but I have to remind myself my career will still be there in a few years!
9. That explains why your son is so clingy!
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean. That's what I thought! Ha! Now I realize when you're home playing and making meals during the day, you have double the cleaning to do & it's almost always undone in a matter of minutes once the beast awakens again ;)
- Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com, with help from her Twitter followers and friends
Yes to all of these comments! I work very part time but I count myself as a SAHM. #6 burns me. If we were rich I probably WOULD have a maid and would spend my extensive free time eating bon bons while the Nanny did the diapers.
ReplyDelete