
Blueberry Pancakes: Hodgson Mill gluten free pancake/waffle mix with frozen blueberries added in, butter, sugar free syrup. No sugar, and no white flour. My weekend breakfast treat-Super yummy!

Apple Butter (
http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2010/09/healthy-homemade-apple-butter/): When I first started doing the sugar free thing I was desperate for something sweet to go on toast or english muffins since I looove jelly and unfortunately sugar is the 1st ingredient usually :( I cored and sliced 5 apples, put them in the crock pot with organic apple cider vinegar, water, ground cloves, vanilla, water, cinnamon, nutmeg and let it cook overnight. When it calls for the juiced apples, I blended a few apples in the food processor and strained them through a food strainer. If I had concentrated 100% apple juice that would have been a lot easier! It is really good and plenty sweet for me without adding any stevia to it. I have also bought some pure fruit jelly without any added sugar for every now & then :)

Banana Oatmeal Smoothie (From
http://8weekstoabetteryourecipes.blogspot.com/p/breakfast-smoothies.html): I used 1 or 1 1/2 banana, some plain organic Stoneyfield yogurt, skim milk, cooked oatmeal, 5 ice cubes, a tiny dash of cinnamon and vanilla, and forgot to add the almonds but added 1 1/2 TB ground flax for omega 3 fat & fiber and the yogurt gives you your protein. I added a little Stevia for sweetness, I don't think it would have needed it until I added the flax which makes it a little more bitter. My daughter & I scarfed it down, it's an easy way to get something healthy down her. You can also add natural peanut butter for protein if you would rather do that.

Mashed Cheesy Cauliflower: found this one on Pinterest. Recipe can be found here
http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/better-than-potatoes-cheesy-cauliflower.html. I took a head of cauliflower, cut it up into medium chunks, microwave with a TB of butter and 1/3 C milk(I used P's whole milk instead of heavy cream) for a few minutes, stir then microwave a few more minutes until it softens. Then I put it in the blender with the rest of the butter and probably half a bag of sharp cheddar cheese. Also added salt & pepper, might be good with some garlic too. It was also really good pre-blender, just the microwaved buttery cheesy cauliflower chunks, mmm! Cauliflower contains Vitamin C, K, B6, folate, choline, potassium, fiber, manganese & more, and only 26 calories for a cup!

Left some of the cauliflower unmashed with cheese and ate it with salmon and green beans. It was really good together!

Oh and this is my gluten free lasagna flop. But it has no added sugar and would have tasted even better had I just boiled those noodles first!
No comments:
Post a Comment