P and I are going to my mom's tonight, pretty romantic right? I had texted her to see if we could come over tonight and then texted her back "Never mind forgot it's Valentine's Day!" She called and said they don't have any plans so to come over and eat some KFC. Perfect! I seriously keep forgetting about the holiday though. I didn't dress P up in any red or special v-day outfit this year like I did for her 1st one. We didn't have heart shaped pancakes for breakfast or even do any cutesy v-day craft. I know that is what us stay at home moms are supposed to do right?!
I'm not saying I don't ever do those things for special occasions, but we have just had a pretty normal day. This morning I gave J his card and P hers, and we read her v-day Elmo book which she already got 3 days ago anyway. We went to the Y, came home, P had to nap in the guest room pack n play so the Comcast guy could come to fix our internet that hooks up in her room, which turns out was not broken. Well, the internet had indeed been out Sunday in our area, and after unplugging, replugging, shutting down, restarting, over & over, turns out all he had to do was push a button on the box and that was it. Ugh you have got to be kidding me, I know I tried that several times! Oh well, computer is up & running again.
J and I did our v-day thing last night and watched Breaking Dawn and exchanged gifts/cards. I really didn't want him to spend money on a gift but it was sweet. J has been sick and has an away game tonight--in basketball it's just another day--& parent teacher conferences the rest of the week so Saturday we're going to dinner & to see The Vow (which I have been wanting to see since the day I first saw the preview!!) for the rest of our V-day celebration. I'll take it when I can! I guess I just don't get that into all the stuff that goes along w/these type of holidays anymore, just as long as we show each other how much we mean to each other.
I remember our first v-day together, I came home from work and made a point to make a special dinner with chocolate covered strawberries and candles. Sure, he appreciated it, but all that stuff doesn't really matter to him. He'd have been happy eating pizza on the couch, and I'd have had a lot less work. So, that year for our anniversary we went and ate pizza at Crappy's at the bar & it was just perfect. However it has been a long and busy couple of weeks, not to mention basketball season coming to a close, so it really is kind of nice to have an excuse to spend the time & do something special together.
Other things things I'm looking forward to: Our neighbor's 4th birthday party this weekend, should be fun especially for Miss P! I got signed up for Hearts at Home & I'm so excited to go. We have most of our weekends full in March so I was actually pretty shocked it was on a weekend I could go! I also got news that my progesterone is low which could probably be seen as bad news but I'm just glad to have an answer. I had taken a test & got the results back last week after having some weird symptoms. Luckily my doctor suggested it because I never would have guessed at 27 I would be having a hormone issues, geesh. My doctor asked me if I was having any other "hormonal symptoms" and sitting there bawling my eyesr out in his office, I'm sure it was obvious that the answer was YES!!!
Normally I wouldn't share this information with the world, heck usually I probably wouldn't have even shared my concerns with my husband or my doctor. But I guess being a mom has kind of opened me up & thrown my modesty out the window. I also think it's good to get the information out there in case any other young women are going through this whose doctor isn't as perceptive as mine. A lot of docs think women in their 20's are "too young" for such issues & will not even bring it up, or dismiss them if they bring it up. Another similar issue is hypo or hyper thyroidism. I know it never would have crossed my mind if he wouldn't have brought it up, I just thought I was losing my mind!
Low progesterone usually=estrogen dominance and symptoms can be: Allergy symptoms, Anxiety, Back ache, Cold hand and feet, Cramps, Cravings, Depression, Fatigue, Foggy thinking, Night sweats, Low blood sugar, Mood swings, Thyroid dysfunction, Weight gain, Water retention.... I have to wait almost a month to follow up with my doctor and I seriously can't wait to see what he says and hopefully get back to normal!! It is really scary when you don't feel yourself and you don't know why. I was honestly scared for the results to come back normal, because then what the heck was going on with me?! Maybe I was just a horrible person? I am still scared about what if the treatment doesn't work? It's always hard when you're entering new territory and you don't know what the outcome will be or how long the road will be to get you there, but almost always in these situations I come out on the other side wishing I would have worried less and had faith that it would all work out in time.
I have still been going strong without sugar (well except for last Friday's girl's night out with martinis, that night I majorly blew it!), since it can contribute to problems related to low progesterone, or any hormone imbalance for that matter. Up until this week. I hadn't counted for being thrown off by this week's cravings. I finally gave in yesterday & ate 2 peices of my v-day chocolate, and as we speak a chocolate bar is steadily disappearing. Oops. Hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day in their own little way! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment