Sunday, February 19, 2012
Why God Made Those Fly Over States
I am so in love with this song, it gives me chills! It perfectly captures the feeling I have of why I love living in a small town in a "fly over state". I'm partial I guess, I will never be a city girl and I love small town life. I was just telling J how lucky we are to have friends and family that have land to be able to take P out to the country and give her great experiences that you just can't get anywhere else. We took her out to the farm to go four wheeling through the timber and then (after she insisted incessantly) she got to go out and pet the "Issies" (horses). I remember how great it was growing up across the street from a farm and playing hay bale tag, hide and seek in the barns, chasing wild kittens, mushroom hunting and adventures crossing the creek on a log that you hoped was sturdy & that you wouldn't fall off of. I want her to have those great memories too! Ahh this song brings it all back, plus Jason Aldean, I mean how can you go wrong?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those of us that wound up in cities still know there's something special about looking out your window and seeing the fields growing, the harvests, and being close to the nature that supports all of us. Your little girl is lucky to have those times, too. But stay off my mushroom huntin' ground! :)
ReplyDeleteHa no more mushroom hunting for me, I have become too domesticated as I get older that I am too grossed out by the ticks in the spring! And not to say cities don't offer their own set of great experiences too, just not for me!
ReplyDelete