Okay, I thought of a couple more resolutions...
*Less tv for P which I already talked about on here, & *less internet for me. I am not sure what exact time limit I'm going to give myself. Which is kind of contradictory to my other goal of *keeping up with my blog haha! Guess I'll just have to cut back on Facebook, so if I don't make comments, etc. anymore it's because I'm just reading through everything super fast & that's it!
Also, I think I got a peice of the puzzle today for my answer on how to acheive resolution #4, at least the appreciation part. I am going to share what someone from the mom group I go to shared with us today:
1. What 5 things am I thankful for right now?
2. What are five of my strenghts or positive traits?
3. What are five of my best acheivements so far?
4. Who are the five people who love me the most?
5. What five things am I looking forward to the most in the next 7 days?
Funny how sometimes your prayers are answered before you even have time to think about it. Not that I think this is going to be my answer to everything, but I do think people & things are put in front of you at a certain time for a reason. So many of those little things have happened in my life, if I take the time to notice. So I am very thankful she shared this! I believe those Q's are from a book she talked about: The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life.
I tried to keep my joy while P was testing me (yet again) at lunch. I think she likes to do it just because I am her mom :) I'd say I did okay, at least outwardly but inwardly yes I was cringing at the mess & wondering if every single meal we are going to go through this. But, she made it through breakfast & lunch in her high chair so hopefully she'll be getting used to it again. Although she barely ate 1/4 of a waffle this morning because she got bored. Oh well. I mean seriously, I don't know how you go about disciplining a kid while they're eating other than ending mealtime, & I want the kid to eat! But man, she is cranky by the time she gets really hungry. My husband jokes the she & I should both be in the Snickers commercials "You're just not you when you're hungry". It's so true, we are both really bad. I am figuring out she needs to eat not just a snack but actual dinner around 5:00 to keep the peace. If she starts stomping & frowning & smacking around that time, I know why.
So for now I feel like I'm making progress if I can just fake it til I make it with the calm, joy, stress-free whatever you wanna call it. If I respond calmly, maybe I'll feel more relaxed! But, I really do hate sticky messes so I am not going to relax too much because I have a lot of laundry waiting on me including the high chair seat cover & I really want to get them done during nap so we can be ready to go play at the park & go to grandma's for dinner & a walk! That is what I'm looking forward to today.
No comments:
Post a Comment