Ahh my body feels so much better, going to a class every day instead of just hit or miss has made a huge difference! I feel so much stronger and I'm not super sore after every class like I was before. My back was so sore every day it was hurting me to even pick my daughter up-she's getting heavy! I think I was having to start over every time I went, and now my body is starting to get used to it. I can do so much more and don't have to take breaks as often. It's still hard, but I don't feel like my body is fighting me during the workouts any more. Even doing cardio seems a little easier.
There is one Pilates instructor I dread though, she is always saying, "some of you should be lowering your legs a little lower" Some of you should be extending further, You know who you are!" Then she comes around to me and corrects what I am doing. I don't think she knows how out of shape I am! I am definitely not one of the ones that needs to be doing it more advanced, I am no Pilates pro! But, I guess she does push me to work harder, I just don't want to hurt myself & I don't like to be scolded, ha!
The two things that still bother me are my neck (holding my head up for long periods of time during pilates ab series), and my palms/wrists (holding yoga positions like downward dog where a lot of weight is on my hands). I don't know if that is going to get better in time or not! But, I'm only on my 3rd (not even full) week, so I'm sure things will get better and better as long as I keep it up! I keep reminding myself it has been at least a year since I really worked out other than just walking, so I have a long way to go.
On a totally unrelated note.... Did I send my daughter out in her nightie yesterday????
This was given to her by a student along with another shirt for Christmas, and I decided to try it on her. I put it on with her little pink leggings and after I put it on I noticed it was really thin and kind of thought it may be a night shirt but we were running late for the Y so we just went with it! I am not 100% sure if it's jammies or not, it says "super-comfy" on the tag and it is a 3T so too big anyway but oh well, she still looked cute!
Just got a text from my husband, another win for the varsity boys! No home games this week so we are making dinner plans to keep up company. I just don't like the feeling of being home alone all afternoon and night, it's just...I don't want to say boring... or lonely... with just the 2 of us but I prefer to have a full house. So I plan around the road games, we had Auntie S over tonight & still working out what we'll do Fri--either take dinner over to our friends' to hang out or over to grandma's!
Again, I am reminded how lucky we are to have such a great support system of family and friends. Having a family has really emphasized that even more to me as I've had to lean on them more. Even when J is away they are there to make me feel at home or make our house more homey, because really the feeling you have anywhere is because of the people there right? I have said this numerous times & will say it again, I have no idea how people who are far away from their "home" base and far from family do it. I suppose your new friends where you are become that. And I suppose they are more resourceful and less dependant than me :) I really admire people who transplant to a new place and thrive, but I sure wouldn't wanna do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment