Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekly Recap

It has been a good week.  Not really any specific reason, just good.  My patience is definitely back this week-if you're a woman, you understand certain weeks of the month are more challenging than others!  I didn't get chastised by the tough pilates instructor at all this week (she only teaches one of the days) so that's improvement! 
I didn't make it to church last Sunday but planning on it this weekend.  I haven't done very well at carving out the time to reflect on the 5 Q's to ask yourself that I posted, or pray, or other positive self-improving activities.  Probably most of us don't think about it much, there's always something else to do, & then before you know it, it's bedtime. 

We had our mom group today & this is why I love going to it & hearing from all the other ladies so much.  It never fails, something that was on my mind gets discussed.  Today we listened to 3 speakers, & one of them spoke about marriage & taking time to do things for your husband that aren't necessarily important to you, like sitting with him to watch a show he likes because you know he appreciates it even if it's not your favorite.  This spoke to me right away because whenever we rent a movie I am always multitasking doing something else and not really focusing on the movie, which drives my husband crazy!  Whether it's looking something up online, running to the kitchen to bake something, laundry, whatever.  It's like he never has my full attention because I'm so worried about other things that I just can't sit still and be in the moment. 

But, relating it to my own goals, I also need to make it a point to put aside that time for myself too.  Doing this blog is one way I reflect & look back at how things are going and record it to keep myself more accountable.  But, I don't put everything on here. As much as I have gotten a little better at opening up, some things are meant to be private! This is definitely not one of those share every gory detail of you life blogs.  I like to do the 5 Q's on my own and not post on here, so for next week I'm hoping to set aside just 10 minutes before bed to do that & do my praying. 

That same speaker today talked about prayer in relationships, and handed out "25 Prayers for my Husband" and some literature on the subject so I'll post that next time along with the 5 R's that I still haven't put up. 
                                                       P in her poncho after the meeting


Our table had to bring food today. Here's what I brought.  2 new recipes & both delicious!!

                            CRUSTLESS SPINACH CHEESE QUICHE
I used 6 eggs, a random amount of cottage cheese & sour cream, just a dash of flour, no parmesan, & a 2 C bag of cheddar, cooked more like an hour.  Yum!!


                                          COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKES
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/new-recipes/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes.html
I saw these on pinterest first then linked it back to the above blog.  They are sooo rich & amazing, I barely got out of the house with them, J liked them so much!  I used boxed cake mix, store bought cookie dough & made the frosting.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment